Rich in the tales and lore that mark Texas history, Morgan’s Point has time and time again served as the site for many of these great stories. Located at the junction of Buffalo Bayou and San Jacinto Bay, the town site of New Washington was settled by Col. James Morgan (1786-1866) who bought 1600 acres of land in the area in 1835. A native of Philadelphia, Morgan had come to Texas in 1830 and served at various times and places as merchant, civic leader and land agent. While away from his home, serving as a colonel during the Texas Revolution, Mexican troops burned the town of New Washington as they made their way to San Jacinto.  As legend goes, it would be here that …